I’ve been clogging up the fridge at work – yoghurt mainly, but also some ‘fresh’ (i.e. vacuum sealed) soups that Carney and I bought in bulk at Coles because they were half price ($3!!), making them tre affordable*. Thankfully they last until August otherwise we’d be creamy carrot with corriandar (my personal favourite) and organic pea-ing (less good) for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (We got 30 packets – perhaps I have discussed Carney’s penchant for bulk purchase before? I did not discourage him on this occasion). Anyway, I've been robbed! My best yoghurt went missing this afternoon! I am going to have to start licking things (and broadcasting the licking). A pox on your house yoghurt thief!
Thieves aside (included?), my work is full of some pretty interesting people. I work for a local government - let's call it Planet X. Planet X has probably one of the most diverse workforces you can get - there's everyone from the guys at the tip to finance types, engineers, librarians and childcare workers. Case in point - 'Patrick'. Patrick works in the mail room and has an (mild) intellectual disability. He delivers each departments mail and printer paper a couple of times a week using an extremely ergonomic (read ridiculous) shopping trolley. Patrick is always accompanied by ‘Mr Flibble’ (his real name), a penguin puppet. Mr Flibble could be quite cute had he not such a potty mouth! Mr Flibble and Patrick used to MC the staff Christmas party, but two years ago they made not-so-well-received jokes about the CEO and have been barred from the big stage ever since. This said, Mr Flibble is an excellant seller of raffle tickets - the f$@#ing c-bomb rolled me for a shiney fiver today. hmm... maybe cuter when Mr Flibble says it...
Kitty x
* 'French'** for 'very affordable'
**may not be French.
Dear self,
ReplyDeleteWhy is this writing like this? Can't you fix it?
Kitty
Dear Kitty,
ReplyDeleteNo, I can't.
Self