Wednesday, May 4, 2011

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

One week until we settle on our new house. These are the fun topics of conversation (/monologues) I have managed to steer the unsuspecting towards (or rather, regeal the unsuspecting with!) in the last month or so:

1. The merits and excessive cost of hydronic heating (also: how and why ducted heating causes allergies). How I wish I had more of a hydronic-heating-target-group readership and this post was sponsored by a hydronic heating company who were paying me to put in hydronic heating. Sad face.

2. Preferred fence materials and the number of permits that Council requires for fence building. This latter point is dictated by a random number generator with a surly and cranky male voiceover.

3. Dick the helpful neighbour. If ever I had a feeling of ominous-ness, it was when we visited our new house with respective families in tow for a 'show and tell' and Dick the helpful neighbour followed us inside, measured our windows and proclaimed he would purchase us $5 blinds from the tip.

4. Floorboards or carpet. Discuss.

5. My plan to optimise use of our three bedrooms. This is as follows: 1) Light and spacious bedroom with nothing but bed, lamps and side tables. 2) Dressing room/enormous walk in wardrobe. Contains all clothing/shoes/mirrors/items generally stored in bedroom. 3) reading room, includes computer/desk and fold out couch. I let Carney call the reading room 'the study', but it's not.

That feeling you're experiencing right now is jealousy.

Kitty x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...