Tuesday, May 17, 2011

renovations

day 1:










keegs poses with paintbrush:













everyone eats Subway:









More happened, but either I looked awful or it was not captured on film. And then, Dick the helpful neighbour poked his head through the front window and made several helpful remarks. For example:

d: so, how much you pay for that paint?
k: I don't know, Carney got it.
d: where did he go?
k: not sure, maybe bunnings.
d: you guys should have checked out the tip. They had, like, a 40L bucket full of white paint and I asked the girl how much and she said... (mumble, mumble) and then I paid $15. hee, hee, $15.
k: right... that's pretty cheap. I suppose we kinda wanted the whole house the one colour so that's why we went with the conventional shop-route.
d: yep, yep, maybe for the ceiling though.
K: oh, yep, maybe for the ceiling.

And then he bought us two mugs of hot soup. Because he is Dick the helpful neighbour and not Dick the neighbour that does not share soup.

Kitty





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...