1. Cousin Keegan’s 28 years and 1 month birthday party. I basically inhaled two glasses of wine on arrival, thereby ensuring that I was over the limit and Carney had to act as designated driver – the fact he’d already volunteered to do this was beside the point. The party just got better and better as far as I was concerned.
Party planning went as follows (K = Keegs, B = Bel, girlfriend and chef):
B: What do you want to eat at your party?
K: Pasta tapas
B: There’s no such thing as pasta tapas.
K: What is tapas then?
B: It means ‘small plates’.
K: Small plates of pasta then. But a lot of them.
B: No, I’m not making fresh pasta for 15 people.
At which point K-Dog capitulated and said he would have enormous meatballs, served on paddlepop sticks. As you do. And they were delicious. The paddlepop sticks were the wide, smooth ones that they have at Doctors surgeries, in case you wonder.
2. Lobster tail, cooked in butter, made by Carney. This was a great one, I can't believe you can buy just the tail, so decadent. The butter was pretty good too.
3. Writer Centre workshop with Ben Ponjie. Although he did advise it is practically impossible to make a full time living out of being a freelance writer, I think I will throw my job in anyway and move to a cottage in the country. I will need a typewriter and maybe an iphone.
4. Haircut, oh so long overdue. For the second visit in a row, the hair washer discovered a mini dreadlock, I am definitely investing in my own comb now. When Carney and I first met, I had a dreadlock at the back of my head - he thought it was my attempt to be fashionable. I had no idea it existed.
5. Suse and I booked to go to Hobart in Feb to see the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA). Obviously this list is in no real order, because this should be in at least second place, even if we have to wait four weeks til it comes to fruition.
Kitty x
No comments:
Post a Comment