Planet X has great artwork. Once upon a time some artists from the Heidelberg school (as in Tom Roberts, Fred McCubbin) painted in the area and this (according I think, mainly to Planet X) kicked off a long artistic tradition. As far as I know, this long tradition hasn't been all that distinguished but it does mean that the Council has accrued an impressive collection.
My personal favourite:
In case that's difficult to read, it says THE FUTURE IS HAIR. I love this, not least of all because it sits in our planning department. Yes, the future is hair.
My least favourite is in the office of the PA to the CEO. She has requested that the 'proper' art (i.e. by actual artists) be removed in favour of three bewilderingly ugly postcards of shoes she has installed in small clip frames. Here is a picture I took discretely. Unfortuantely, the discrete-ness has not helped with its clarity/zoom but you get the general idea.
Ug-a-ly.
My personal favourite:
In case that's difficult to read, it says THE FUTURE IS HAIR. I love this, not least of all because it sits in our planning department. Yes, the future is hair.
My least favourite is in the office of the PA to the CEO. She has requested that the 'proper' art (i.e. by actual artists) be removed in favour of three bewilderingly ugly postcards of shoes she has installed in small clip frames. Here is a picture I took discretely. Unfortuantely, the discrete-ness has not helped with its clarity/zoom but you get the general idea.
Ug-a-ly.Kitty

No comments:
Post a Comment