Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a winter vegetable


Now we have an oven I have no need to leave the house, except for work and to buy more pumpkin. Aided by unlimited internet and specifically, megavideo, I have deteriorated into an orange-hued sloth. Who knew about watching tv on the web? Do I need to be this far behind in seasons of Britain's Next Top Model? The answers are 'everybody' and 'no, no I do not'. Unfortunately, megavideo only lets me watch 72 minutes at a time before locking me out for half an hour. I am sure there is a way around this but really, it's probably not such a bad thing - I do have to wash occasionally.


Tonight I plan to drag myself away from Elle and gang to check out Judith Lucy’s Spiritual Journey. I heart Judith Lucy (pictured), even though she is an old school female comedian in the sense I feel like I’ve heard a lot about her clacker - this may be my imagination though. Her book The Lucy Family Alphabet was hilarious (read this old review, it’s full of good bits) and because it is a bunch of short stories it doesn’t suffer that same fate many biographies do where the author dedicates long passages to not-very-interesting periods of time in which they did some stuff and some other stuff and it was good/bad/indifferent.


Anyway, check my good friend Judith tonight on ABC1 at 9:30. Hopefully no ‘u-who’ talk, but who can tell at this early stage.


Kitty x


Picture credits: http://www.memorabletv.com/global/australian-tv/judith-lucys-spiritual-journey/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...