
Today at bikram yoga, a woman was drying herself after her shower with large sheets of butchers paper that she had bought along in a big roll. It was very strange, I struggle to imagine what had driven her to do this...
Did she forget her towel?
Did she not know they hired towels? Did she not have $1 for the towel?
Was she being 'environmentally friendly'? - she had an awful lot of hair, and appeared to have shower gel in a jam jar...
Would that even be more environmentally friendly, to use butchers paper?
Why were other people not looking?
It was bizarre. I could conceivably use paper towel to dry myself if I had had a shower and forgotten a towel, but the bringing along of butchers paper required forethought - consideration that one would need to dry off after a shower, the belief that an ordinary towel was not up to the task and then procuring an alternative... She was also completely nonchalant about it (as was the rest of the changeroom). There were little shards of wound up paper bits everywhere. (In the absence of a charged camera, this is difficult to find an image of on the internet. I have attached an image of a cardboard paper towel roll - it is the closest thing.)
In any case, I guess it's not the weirdest thing I've seen in a changeroom (I've been to the Melbourne City Baths - once).
Kitty
Did she forget her towel?
Did she not know they hired towels? Did she not have $1 for the towel?
Was she being 'environmentally friendly'? - she had an awful lot of hair, and appeared to have shower gel in a jam jar...
Would that even be more environmentally friendly, to use butchers paper?
Why were other people not looking?
It was bizarre. I could conceivably use paper towel to dry myself if I had had a shower and forgotten a towel, but the bringing along of butchers paper required forethought - consideration that one would need to dry off after a shower, the belief that an ordinary towel was not up to the task and then procuring an alternative... She was also completely nonchalant about it (as was the rest of the changeroom). There were little shards of wound up paper bits everywhere. (In the absence of a charged camera, this is difficult to find an image of on the internet. I have attached an image of a cardboard paper towel roll - it is the closest thing.)
In any case, I guess it's not the weirdest thing I've seen in a changeroom (I've been to the Melbourne City Baths - once).
Kitty
No comments:
Post a Comment