Monday, August 17, 2009

my two cents...

Kyle Sandilands, offensive, offensive man – Why that Stare-y McLarey look? - but I must admit he makes pretty compelling reading... He’s been everywhere (except Channel Ten) in the wake of the lie detector scandal, and while it’s hard to go so far as to like him, I'll begrudingly admit he can be entertaining (not in the context of the lie detector scandal itself, obviously)...

A snippet from yesterday’s Age:

"Rove. Fk you, Rove. You're dead to me. There's also Merrick and Rosso, but no-one gives a fk about them,'' Sandilands said. When asked if he ever hated himself, Sandilands replied: "Of course not. No one ever hates themselves, unless you're a fat biscuit eater.''

Such defiance!

And here is part of an interview with Andrew Denton:

Kyle Sandilands won a lot of awards last year - Who Weekly Most Hated man, FHM Tosser of the Year, Fugly Awards Worst Male Personality on TV - whether it's as a judge on Idol, himself on his radio show or a house intruder on Big Brother, he always manages to rub people up the wrong way. And yet his audience continues to grow. How does someone end up playing Australia's number one jerk and why does it work? Ladies and gentlemen, Kyle Sandilands.

ANDREW DENTON: Welcome… how are you?
KYLE SANDILANDS: Wow… all those awards.
ANDREW DENTON: Yeah I know it’s and, and not a Logie in sight.
KYLE SANDILANDS: No.

Cut to his diagnosis of his girlfriend (now wife?) being ill:

KYLE SANDILANDS: She’s living sort of half in this country, half overseas um and she’d got some weird dizzy fainting spell and you know that, that was quite a few weeks ago now and we’re still not a 100% sure what, what that is. So it’s a bit of a worry. I’m, I’m not sure exactly what’s wrong with her. I told her I think she’s mental but um apparently ah that’s, that might not be it so she’ll have to have scans and tests.
ANDREW DENTON: Yeah. That’s comforting though that you told her that.

There’s more but that’s the idea... He does, I should mention, go onto talk about having been homeless for a year as a fifteen year old, which is somehow a bit redeeming.

Anyway, that's probably only one and a half cents worth, you should dwell on the picutre - it's a shocker (that was intentional - score 1 me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...