Good leftovers are when you take your lunch to work and think 'it must be like, 11:30 and I can eat my lunch in an hour' but you pretend that you think it's only 11am so that you will be pleasantly surprised when you look at the clock BUT then when you look at the clock you discover it's only 10am and you basically just had breakfast.Today's leftovers were awesome. You see, I have been stockpiling dried chickpeas for forever. They seem like such a great idea at the market. Such a great idea, in fact, I keep having the same great idea over and over. Lest I become the chickpea version of the woman who lives in the house with all the shoes yesterday I finally got around to cooking them.
It was a good decision but wowsers! What a time burglar. I set out about 9am with the soaking to make these bad boys – lazy Sunday night dinner, etc. and my god, they took about ten hours from go to woe. I made the ridonkulous decision to make the equivalent of one can (why so frugal self?) and then had to google dried to cooked ratios and then wait and taste and boil... I ended up 'testing' half of them and dropping the rest on Carney's pants while serving them up.
But the leftovers made it all worthwhile.
Kitty
No comments:
Post a Comment