eggplant soup
2 x big eggplants
garlic
oil
2 x onion
can of butter beans.
3 cups (ish) stock
prep time: 5 mins
cooking time: 50 mins
method:
Cut eggplant in half longways and place cut side down on an oven tray. Add some cloves of garlic. Put eggplant and garlic in the oven as high as it will go for about 40 mints.
At the 40 minute mark, chop the onion and fry in a pot. Add the stock. Boil for about 5 mins. Take the eggplant and garlic out of the oven. Scoop the inside of the eggplant into the saucepan. Do the same with the garlic. Add the canned butter beans. Add thyme if you like it.
Blend with a stick blender.
I say eat before anyone else gets home because that's how I roll, but if you're feeding others probably three of you will get a big bowlful. It's rich and hearty. Sometimes I add yoghurt or sour cream on top for hot/cold deliciousness in the manner of pudding.
Kitty x
No comments:
Post a Comment