Whenever I am robbed, or some someone enters my bedroom and I remark 'I've been robbed!' to account for the hideous mess, it reminds me of Wobbies World. Wobbies World was (allegedly) an amusement park in Melbourne in the late 80's/ early 90's. I went with my parents and cousin Keegan when I was about 6. Even as a six year old with a low threshold for scary rides - 'not the big merry go round! it's too much!' - I understood that Wobbies World was pretty lame. One ride involved spending a small fortune to sit on a plane, buckle yourself in, watch a video and imagine you were flying. You had to BYO your own imagination, which seemed a bit unfair, particularly given the hefty entry fee. On the flipside, I can simulate this ride anywhere and anytime I want - I can imagine I'm flying right now. Weeeeeeee! I'm flying! We were definitely 'wobbed' at Wobbies World.
Kitty
*Not to underestimate the comedic intelligence of my readers (not that this was comedic or intelligent... not that I have readers...) but please don't flood my inbox.
No comments:
Post a Comment